Thursday 17 September 2009

Whats for dinner mom?

When the kids come home form school and hubby walks through the door they are always starving and in need of a quick fix before dinner. over he next few weeks i am going to find some nutritious snacks and frugal dinners that i can make for my whole family (and my husband who is gluten intolerant).

I have a weekly budget of £50 (around £82 US dollars), i normally do a weekly food shop with my local delivery asda store but at the end of september i am going to do a 1 month food shop in the hope that i can get more for my money and maybe even save a little, so ill have £200 (around £330 US dollars) to budget to make 24 dinners (not 28 because we always have a £10 takeout on a saturday night with the kids), laundry products, cleaning products, snacks and lunches for me at home during the day (the two kids are out at school all day). so i will post my food plan for the month and my shopping list.

So tell me, how much do you use for your food budget, do you shop weekly, fortnightly or monthly? how do you find it?

kat
x

1 comments:

Debra Kaye said...

Kat,

I'll look forward to seeing how your meal planning goes. I know coming up with dinner plans for a family can sometimes feel overwhelming but with God's help and wisdom, you can do it!

Blessings to you!